Water Purifier is a device used to remove impurities or contaminants from water. Water purification is carried out by removing it. Water that wonderful substance for life on our planet and for our health. But do you know, 90 percent of the world’s water supply is not suitable for drinking? Therefore you should know ‘what is water purifier’.
When you think about cleaning the water, you might say, “Well, just steam the water and condense it again, and it will be clean.” That is true, but that water is distilled and can be used as drinking water. But the water used for human consumption contains some minerals and salts that are essential for our bodies to function.
Contaminated water is very dangerous to health. It can have harmful microorganisms. It causes diarrhea, vomiting and even severe diseases that put your health at risk. That’s why we should drink pure water.
Water purification systems kill these harmful microorganisms so that the drinking is safe. These purification systems are responsible for eliminating any type of bacteria.
What is Water Purifier?
A water purifier is a device that can clean the water we drink. It is likely that the water we drink is drinkable. But that does not mean, it is completely clean from harmful substances or elements. It is from these agents that water purifiers deliver us.
We always want to drink water that is clean and healthy. But regular research indicates that our water contains harmful elements. To ensure that drinking water is healthy, many people use a purifier or a purification system (Filter) in their homes.
Why should water be purified?
The natural sources of drinking water are slowly being decreased. Today there is increasing use of water from rivers, lakes, and seas. This is why these waters must need some types of treatments that can make them drinkable. In this sense, we will clarify to you what is water purifier and why water purifier is necessary for us.
In nature, the quality of these water sources do not match with drinking water and are not suitable for home use. Purification actions used to optimize both their quality and characteristics. So it is possible to purify the water using physical, chemical and biological methods. Depending on the type of substances the water must make it drinkable.
What does water purify from?
What are the substances that must be eliminated from the raw water? Naturally, water is rich in minerals, phosphates, and other substances. These are definitely not good for the human body.
Iron and manganese, hydrogen sulfide, sulfates, heavy metals such as lead and arsenic, hydrocarbons, pesticides and solvents, ammonia, nitrates, and nitrites are some of the chemical and physical elements found in the raw water and from which it must be purified.
All the raw waters, there are forms of microbiological life such as plankton, protozoa, fungi, pathogenic bacteria, and viruses. It would not benefit the human body if ingested through the water.
For this, we must proceed to its purification also by biological means. The purification process must be carried out in order to ensure that the water is suitable for drinking. The water must be specified by a standard temperature, a given electrical conductivity, and a fixed pH.
How to purify water?
Purifying water to make it drinkable means eliminating waste and organisms that are harmful to health. There are several methods to purify water, some of which can be made at home. Having a water purification system at home is a way not to save money but also taking care of the environment.
Here we will see some methods on how to purify water at home for drinking, from filters and methods used for centuries.
You may also be interested: How to save on food at home
Boil the water for 30 minutes. The disadvantage of this method is that the dissolved minerals are condensed through evaporation.
Ionic Silver Disinfection
These drops are usually sold to disinfect vegetables and fruits. But you can also add them to the water and wait approximately twenty minutes before consuming it.
The amount of chlorine to be added is usually three drops per liter. It can vary if its condensation is higher or lower. After adding the boil it should be kept for half an hour before drinking it.
It should be noted that not all water can be purified by these methods, such as sewage and highly contaminated water. For example, when you know that the water is fresh and can be drunk, but it is not entirely safe then go to these methods.
What is Water Purification?
Water Purification seems to be the one that is most misunderstood. The water that comes from natural sources (rivers, mountains, wells …) is not 100% pure. It contains inborn elements from the same source such as minerals, salts, organic matter, etc. For this reason, we explain here ‘what is water purifier’ & how it works.
Some with greater concentration than others, but none at all pure. So the word “purification” is “purify.” What it means to remove what is not desired. Thus, a product that purifies to purify water (that is, make it pure water). It means that what you don’t want is removed, or what may be unhealthy.
Most water purification systems use activated carbon to adsorb contaminants. Carbon purifiers adsorb organic molecules present. Ultraviolet light techs are also used to remove microorganisms. Ion exchange resins to keep minerals or metals, or distillation to name a few.
Difference between filtration and water purification.
What is water purifier & what is water filter and filtration also a confusing topic? The difference between the two is the purification process. This process can remove unwanted impurities from the water. By absorption, distillation, UV radiation or ion exchange as already mentioned. It works while a filtration process only prevents solid particles pass through it.
Thin water filters like micro and ultra-filtration can conserve viruses, bacteria. Moreover, reverse osmosis can hold salts and minerals. It can also be called “purification”. Because most of the impurities present in the water are removed. Although it is a filtration process purely.
If the difference still seems a bit fuzzy, it is. When there are natural or added elements it is considered purification. Dissolved or microscopic in the water as a contaminant. And when there are solid elements or impurities it is considered filtration.
Normally in homes and industries, these two systems combine to improve water quality. Placing filters in the first steps and purification systems later.
Let’s look at the different types of water purifiers
Now you know something about what is water purifier. But you should also know about the types of this purifier devices. Many people have a home water purifier or a simple water purifier. But that is not enough or is often not required.
It is important to understand ‘what is water purifier’ and what they do. The most important thing is you have to understand what water purifier you need. For your home or your workplace. The most common types of water purifiers are:
- Active Carbon or Carbon Filters
- UV sterilization
- Reverse osmosis
- Ion exchange resins
- Ceramic filters
- Active carbon the term “Active” is used to describe the carbon absorption capacity. If the pores get blocked, the coal is no longer active.
- One of the lackings of active carbon is that it often becomes a breeding colony for various bacteria. It can happen for the grace period of these colonies. One must ensure that there is the next sterilization of drinking water if bacteria is a problem in the water supply.
- Active carbon with silver prevents bacteria from passing through the water purifier. This is stated based on the antibacterial properties of silver.
There are some people who have doubts about this silver techniques. Sometimes they are not satisfied with silver to prevent the proliferation of bacteria. But it is a popularly used method.
Did you know that your body will absorb more chlorine, in a ten-minute shower through your skin? Then what you can absorb by drinking 8 glasses of water?
- Ultraviolet sterilization works according to the principle that DNA and proteins absorb. UV radiation around 254 NM, causes bacterial DNA to become denatured and inactivate.
- Where there are high levels of iron and manganese in the water, greater exposure to UV rays is suggested. A home water purifier / UV sterilizer for drinking water should have a minimum radiation dose of 30 mg / cm2.
- Hydroxyl radicals are more reactive than chlorine. Their decomposition products are water and carbon dioxide, which are harmless. Pesticides and other dangerous organic chemicals are degraded by hydroxyl radicals.
Reverse Osmosis Filtration
- Reverse osmosis (RO) is generally the most effective in-home unit. It is used as a multiple filtration system. It combines particle filtration and Active Carbon. If the elemental salts dissolved in water, reverse osmosis is the preferred option.
- Bacterial contamination is the most common problem worldwide. Although reverse osmosis units “reject” bacteria. But due to the small pore size of the membranes, contaminants can pass through the water. Also, breakages and failures, as well as manufacturing defects, can allow agents.
- No RO unit will provide “pure” water in a typical municipal water supply. This indicates that some “contamination” does pass through the membranes. Thus the final stages of water polishing would be required to ensure “pure” water.
- Normally the units are only for a single tap and do not cover household water. RO units waste a lot of water, take a look at the flow to drain from the RO unit.
Ion exchange resins
- These are consist of separate anions and cations columns. Usually, after the RO unit or another water filter to “polish” the water to a fairly “pure” quality.
- Some separate column units can be restored hundreds of times with acid and alkaline wash. They do not produce wastewater. But will need regular regeneration if the water contains high total dissolved salts (SDT).
Ceramic Water Purifier
- A ceramic water purifier, if properly produced, has a porous size of 0.22 µM or less. This prevents the bacteria from going through the filter. Some can be cleaned and can provide the best results for bacteria-free water. However, if the particles in the drinking water become stagnant, they tend to clog and reduce the flow of water.
- The typical gravity-fed system supplies only a few liters per day. They are often combined with active carbon in filter to provide a better water filtration system.
Advantages of water purifier
5) You need pure water for your well-being
Did you know that, even if the water in your home is drinkable, all bacteria are never eliminated from it? This may be due to different factors. Sometimes the supply is not in good condition or the maintenance of your tank is not the best. The result may be noticeable in the taste of water. Or because you constantly have stomach diseases.
Besides, water also contains some minerals such as calcium and magnesium. Although some of them do not necessarily represent any danger to your health. In reaction with other minerals, it makes the liquid unhealthy for consumption.
An advantage of keeping a home water purifier is that it filters this type of impurities. So that you get a pure, transparent and better-flavored liquid at your fingertips. Modern water purifier can retain up to 99.99% of bacteria. It certainly means a good investment for your well-being.
4) Prevents diseases.
Drinking pure water is very beneficial for your health. Doctors recommend consuming two liters of water per day. In the case of adults & for children up to 1.9 liters.
A home water purifier gives you availability to the natural and pure vital water. In this way, you avoid getting gastrointestinal diseases. But if failing that, some type of infection due to drinking contaminated water.
A water purifier is a great companion to avoid all these outcomes. If that were not enough, it is easy to install either on the kitchen board or under it. It will be necessary to follow the installation manual. Then you can enjoy the excellent performance of the purifier.
3) Contribution to your economy
A significant part of the family budget is destined for the purchase of water filters. But with a home water purifier, you can avoid buying bottled water. In this way, the savings for your economy will be reflected.
A water purifier does not need much maintenance. This also sends a benefit for your wallet. The cartridge needs to be replaced every six months to enjoy pure drinking water.
2) Contributes to the care of the environment
If you decide to take a water purifier at home, you will be much helping the ecology. These accessories significantly reduce the use of plastic bottles for your home.
These bottles are not biodegradable. Also, it takes more than 400 years to remove from the environment. For this reason, it is important to take a water purifier for your home & family.
The replacement of a standard water purifier can supply you with up to 2,400 liters of water. It’s the equal of 120 bottles. Note that this is a lucrative investment.
Some home water purifier does not need batteries or electricity. This is another positive feature that helps in the care of the environment.
1) Take care of yourself and your family in the best possible way.
Water Purifier can improve the taste and smell of water. It eliminates chemicals such as chlorine and other extracts in water. A purifier removes both organic and inorganic residues and contaminants. It can cause changes in vital fluid conditions.
You can be sure that the pure water you drink will improve your health. You can drink the amount of water you need to take care of your body and improve your health. Let me remind you that there are many benefits to drinking water every day:
- Maintains hydration in the body. It improves oxygenation and helps bring oxygen to the brain. It also ensures its proper functioning.
- It helps to lose weight. Because it aids and raises the metabolism of fats, which gives you ideal and healthy weight.
- It improves mood. Good hydration helps to reduce anxiety, stress and other complications.
- It helps detoxify the body of substances that are harmful to your health. It optimizes the proper functioning of your organs, especially the kidneys.
- It helps maintain healthy and elastic skin, eliminating dryness.
- Investing in regular water bottles does a great loss to your money and environment. A home water purifier is a tremendous saving of time and money. Also, it makes easier to get pure water whenever you want.
After analyzing all these aspects that are best suited for your family, we can conclude. It is a service that you cannot leave aside when taking care of the health of you and your family. For your health
Guaranteeing a better quality of life for your family will be much easier for you. You can start with something as simple but important as caring for the quality of the water you drink. Always you should keep in mind that what is water purifier.
How to buy a water purifier or filter?
We can suggest you the best range of filter products so you can take care of your family in the best way. Being experts in this field, we can offer you a more pure life, taking care of every last drop of water you drinking.